Sunday, October 26, 2008

Costume Contest






Our sweet "chicken little" won Best Overall at our local costume contest in Mongo. There were over 70 entries, and our little baby got 1st!!!!


This was my first attempt at making a Halloween costume, pretty proud of myself. I glued each one of those stinkin' feathers on to a turtleneck onesie. Then, made the comb out of textured felt, stuffed it and glued it on to a newborn hat that was turned inside out. Never knew how difficult it was going to be to find a plain white hat...ridiculous. Could not find the right colored tights or leggings, so tried my hand at dyeing. Got some thick cotton tights and died them yellow/orange. I then took yellow dishwashing gloves, stuffed the fingers with toilet paper, and stretched them over some shoes. Then, the finishing touch, was to spray everything with gold glitter, I mean, really, she IS a girl chicken :) I think it turned out really good. Greg wrapped her wagon with chicken wire, and we filled the canopy and insides with straw.
There were some super cute costumes there, lots of creative mommies and daddies. Much thanks to Sherri, Lydia and Amelia for inspiring me to want to make a handmade costume for our sweet baby.
I think my grandpa would have loved this costume- he always loved his chickens...

3 comments:

Nichole said...

You went over the top with this one...you are going to have trouble topping this next year. TOO CUTE.

gorski55089 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gorski55089 said...

That is the cutest costume ever!!!