Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Decided to finally update this portion of my life. I think I need to mainstream my "updates" to 3 or 4. I've got lots of coals in the fire... I just sounded like my Grandma there - yikes! It's been a crazy busy summer/fall and though I thought it would settle down in October...here we go again with the schedule! I am actually looking forward to Delaney having her own projects going on so that I don't have to schedule myself for anything. Don't get me wrong, I love having a job, horse lessons, a family, friends, a home, and a very neglected relationship with my husband, but all at once is starting to get frustrating. Something has to give soon...or, my head just may implode. I give tons of praise to those moms that do work 40 or more hours a week, plus have more than one baby. I use to work 60 or more hours a week...how could I possibly do that and be a mommy??? Think I need one WHOLE weekend where I have NOTHING planned. Terrible that I need to write that on the calendar to plan for "nothing" - how ridiculous. One moment here...there, I just scheduled myself a weekend off (the 17th, 18th & 19th), I even wrote it in pen. Now the really bad part about that is probably Saturday afternoon after 2 days of being at the house, I will start to go stir crazy and feel the need to go somewhere. But, as long as it is "unplanned" I am going to try and not feel bad about it. I also need to remind myself to tell everyone else to not plan on seeing me that weekend, Delaney and Mommy need some time to themselves without being obligated to go anywhere and participate in any events. I think it's something I should do especially with the Holidays coming and our schedules will definitely be booked until mid-January sometime.


Ok, now that I got that out of my system... We went to Jackson's benefit on Friday night. It was a huge success according to Nichole. The slide show and music was wonderful. The desserts and coffee were even better. A really nice evening. I wasn't aware that Goshen had a First Friday Night event every month, something Greg and I would really like to start doing. It really isn't that far of a drive for us - besides, where we live, everything is a drive. Would be really nice to walk around during the holidays and see all the beautiful lights. Saturday, Delaney, mom and I went to Grandma Puckett's to get apples and to visit. It was a long exhausting day of shopping, eating and visiting (what we do best!), but was fun. I really enjoy spending time with my mom, grandma and Delaney together - 4 generations of girls hitting the shopping scene - dangerous! Sunday, we went to church and saw this interesting little program...recognize anyone?

Don't recognize anyone??? That would be because Greg (on the left) and I are under the water being Baptized. Thought this was a great photo...and what a surprise to see our "picture" on the front page of our programs at church. Think it's interesting that Pastor John looks like he is really enjoying dunking me under the water. So, think I will head out now...I have horse lessons again tonight, so need to get going over to Talmage's to go pick up the boys (McCue and Duke) for their lessons.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

too funny. I need the link to your etsy shop. I want to puruse. *not spelled right I am sure*

yeah I am sure if I was busy I wouldn't have time to blog. But see Jackson and I just hang out all the time...because we don't have a life.