Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh...the holidays...

Yes, hard to believe, but the stress of holiday preparation has begun. We had another very busy weekend, but it will be nothing compared to the absolute chaos that is the "Williams' Holiday Marathon". With 10 brothers/sisters/brother-in-laws/sister-in-laws, 4 sets of parents, grandparents, friends, cousins, aunts/uncles, and oh yes, our own Christmas, the logistics of it all is a complete nightmare. There are definitely times when I secretly wish that we lived far (far) away, so all we would have to worry about is ourselves and how much we miss everyone. I know I would complain about that too, and what a terrible problem to have - to have too many loved ones to visit with. Every year, we do come out on the other side without too many hurt feelings and only minor migraines, but hopefully, someday, things will just fall in place.

Anyway... we did have a great visit with sweet Jackson and Nichole last Friday. I can see his frustrations with being immobile, but he seems to make the best of it. In fact, I would love for someone to prop me up on a bean bag, hand me toys, and feed me non-stop. Hmmm, maybe I'll ask Greg about it :)


The kids really do play well together, I think Jackson was a little envious of the fact that Delaney was ransacking the place with all his incredible toys, but he handled it remarkably well. I am digging his cast though, looks like a cool pair of hard chaps, maybe a pair of those would help my equitation. Delaney was not very excited about posing for photos with Jackson on the bean bag, but after a few tears, she seemed to get that we were ONLY taking pictures, we weren't forcing her to sit up there and entertain him. Greg will be thrilled that his daughter isn't ready to snuggle up with boys on a bean bag yet.



We are in-between sizes for Delaney right now. She has 20 pairs of pants and none of them fit her. They are either too short, or a mile too long - very frustrating for this momma who lives vicariously through her daughter's fashion. So, we have resorted to leggings and skirts, and I can say that I am not at all disappointed in this. She can still crawl and can attempt to walk without tripping over dorky rolled up pant legs. Not sure why all clothing manufacturers think that a 24 month baby is 3 feet tall. Her waist is 24 months, but those legs sure are not.

I have lessons tonight, then tomorrow is Delaney's final 12-month shots at Dr. Frazier's. Then, I am heading to Angola for lunch with Kori from our church. We are officially members of our church now, and I have decided to volunteer in the nursery, so we are going to sit down for an hour or so and have a nice lunch and discuss "stuff". My first day is the 30th in the nursery...wish me luck!

Oh, and big news!!!! It sounds like Delaney may be getting Synagis!!! Dr. Frazier has been pulling for us and is trying to get our insurances to split the cost. I cannot even explain how much easier this could make our lives this winter if she receives this medication. We won't really know until the end of this week, but we are keeping our fingers crossed. She has already missed the first dosage, but any dosages she can get will be beneficial.

Off to do some work...here are some other great pix...


1 comment:

Nichole said...

Yippeeee!!!! on the Synagis. so cool. Go Dr Fraiser.

I can't believe how big she has gotten and what a ham. Can't wait til we can come your way again. Maybe in January when we get the cast off.

See you soon...Thanks for the visit.