Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Before, After...and the chaos involved...

Decided to surprise Greg this weekend while he was away and re-painted the kitchen, dining and living room. Now, I was babysitting my mom's dog, Rose also. So...that means, 1 toddler, 2 shelties, a wiener dog and an overweight, slow moving cat in 1 tiny house with no place to keep "extra" items while painting. The following pictures will depict how the toddler portion of it went. Shiloh, the wiener is another casualty of the painting marathon, but no photos of that issue. After the naughty baby picture is the before and afters...
You can tell by the look on her face that she knew she was in trouble :)


BEFORE:

AFTER:

I am absolutely in love with this new paint scheme. The blue is called "Aqua Bay" and the cupboards and walls are "Primitive White". Kind of hard to tell from the photos, but the cabinets almost have a yellow-ish tint now that they are next to the blue backsplash, but I love the way it turned out. I was never happy (as anyone who knows me) with the old way it was painted. I disliked it from the day I finished it almost 5 years ago. So, this new paint was a long time coming. I have been tucking away a little training money for the last few months so I could pay cash for all my painting supplies. Mainly, so I didn't put any more strain on our bill paying money and but I also really wanted to surprise Greg. Since he's a "bank Nazi" I knew he would know if I spent even one dime on anything that wasn't pre-approved!
Amazing what a little paint can do for a room! I had accessories laying around in other rooms that go well with the new theme. I am going to find some cool fabric to make some art and new pillows for the couch. The little vases in the above photo are from Menards and hello... $0.89 each!!! Seriously.
All together I spent around $54 on the whole project and about 22 hours of labor. It was truly a painting marathon. I stopped long enough on Saturday to go feed horses and throw some food at the kid. I do need to go buy one more gallon of the Primitive White for the other two walls in the living room and I really want to paint the wooden "beam" that divides the dining from living room. I painted the beam in the bathroom white last year before Delaney's birthday and I really liked how that turned out too.
Big heart hugs to everyone...



2 comments:

Nichole said...

it looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in person. Love delaney's blue hand too.

J said...

Nice! (I mean that, btw) Looks like the kid caught Smurfitis. Gross.