Friday, January 15, 2010

The Crafty Daddy...

Below is my newest addition to the domestic diva club... I have started to make my own laundry detergent. Hate to get all "Martha" on ya, but I LOVE how it looks in the glass jars. Almost hate to put it away in the cupboard where no one can see it ... almost.


I can only hope and pray that Delaney gets half the talent she is surrounded by. My mom is an excellent cook, seamstress, quilter, baker...my dad is great with woodworking and crafts... and my MIL is a wonderful quilt maker and decorator. I have a couple talents up my sleeve as well, but nothing like our parents. My dad made us the flag for Christmas. We currently have it hanging on our wall until the weather is nice enough to hang it outside. It's articulated so it can swing in the wind...very cool. The vase/candle holder to the right is also another of my dad's creations. He made this one for my birthday. I love that he used recycled glass containers to attach the stones to and then soldered copper wire around the rim. Cannot wait until it gets dark tonight so I can light it and see how it glows with the clear stones.

The random photo on the top left is an awesome milk glass vase I scored at a yard sale a few years ago for $0.25! And the lovely flowers you ask??? From my sweet hubby for my birthday...
Off to work on some more scrapbook pages while the sweet baby is in a full slumber... Dogs are snoozing on the couch, cat is recovering from his latest (daily) hairball and I'm being lulled in to a slight coma by the sound of our dryer working it's magic for the 3rd time on the same load of clothes... no joke.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Love all your new pages and all the fun crafty things you have been up to the last month...whoohoo!!!
I might have to get that detergent recipe...I have been wanting to try one. let me know how it works.